Thursday, October 07, 2004

Conceptis logic puzzles

They say confession is good for the soul – and also that the first step in overcoming an addiction is to admit you have a problem. Well, I have an addiction to Conceptis picture-forming logic puzzles (Warning: click through to their site and you, too, may become addicted) - although I’m not at all sure I want to do anything about it.

Each week they post 12 free puzzles for registered members (registration is free) which can be completed online or downloaded and printed. The puzzles are of three types – pic-a-pix (otherwise known as nonograms or paint-by-numbers puzzles), link-a-pix (the easiest of them, I think) and fill-a-pix (which are my most serious addiction). There is also an active forum community and a weekly puzzle to download and review, with one of the reviewers each week receiving a free t-shirt (look under Puzzler’s Place once you’ve logged in).

For more months now than I care to admit (or should it really be counted in years?), one of my high priority tasks for the week has been to complete all 12 puzzles. I often put my computer on standby overnight so that I don’t have to close a partially completed puzzle and lose it all. Just a hint for anyone who does try them – you don’t have to be online to complete them – log in to the Conceptis site, open a puzzle and then just make sure you keep the web browser window with the Conceptis site on it open, as well as the puzzle window.
Just don’t say that I didn’t warn you that they’re addictive ………

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home