Monday, March 14, 2005

Choices

Sometimes when you have limited energy you have to make some really tough choices on how to spend it - this past weekend I had to choose between visiting my parents who had friends staying who owned a telescope and going to "Einstein at the pub". Well, the telescope won out and I have now seen Saturn and it's rings with my very own eyes - at about 50 times magnification, so it was still quite small, but the rings and their separation from the planet was clearly visible - my father and the owner of the telescope (which was actually for birdwatching and hadn't been pointed upwards at night before) were very impressed and I have another tick against an item on my "things I want to do someday" list. We also managed to find Jupiter, which was surprisingly impressive, too - it was quite clearly not just another star, but looked more like a miniature moon - I think I could really get very interested in star-gazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home